Tuesday, November 9, 2010

germs and manners

Well, my sweet four year old little girl told her older brother the other night (out of the blue - as we were driving down the road) that the next time he burped, he needed to do it into his elbow to catch the germs. Of course, her all-knowing older brother rebuked her by telling her that one was to only do this when one sneezed or coughed. The little girl I call my own again reinforced her previous statement over...."it is just what you have to do, Cade, next time you burp." Back and forth, they went. Finally, they asked for my opinion on this very crucial matter. I gave them my spiel on coughing and sneezing into our elbows and trying not to burp in public or at least excusing ourselves. They seemed satisfied with my answer. And, I was glad to have the chance to share a reminder on germs AND manners. You never know what conversation a ride home in the car will bring.

No comments: