Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fall is here...

I have been slow on the blogging lately...the Fall is sooo busy, have you noticed? Life is full of activities, fun, teaching and learning lessons, making memories. I just love this time of year - the leaves changing colors, the cooler temps....God blesses us with a beautiful world to enjoy. My sweet children have had a blast enjoying this Alabama weather...gotta love the 70's! They play outside almost every afternoon. This mama likes that! Well, here are a few pictures from the last few weeks enjoying our Fall... Sydney loved the pumpkin display at our favorite garden center. She was her regular diva self, as you can see..."cheese."Cade, my little engineer, is always coming up with a plan. He decided he could rake all the leaves under his slide for a heightened leaf-jumping experience. I have to admit...I am a leaf-jumping fan. I decided when he was little that he would have leaf-jumping fun every year. I can't explain it. I want him to have this memory of us raking/jumping in/rolling in/throwing leaves. It is our thing...a tradition of sorts. Fun times.....
Speaking of fun...this group knows how to have some! These are our neighbors. Add Sydney in, and there were 6 of them all that afternoon going house to house playing and here...drawing. By the end, I had a lovely chalk rainbow on my sidewalk - all the way down it. We are so very blessed to have so many sweet children to play with almost every day.
My sweetheart...playing outside is so much fun for her...especially when she is with Cade. She is right behind him most of the time, doing whatever he is doing. Thank the Lord, he was given a spirit of patience. He handles her quite well most of the time. Of course, arguments always arrive sooner or later...but their playing together is so special...every time I hear a conversation, see him comfort her, see how she looks at him or hear her ask about him...I thank God for the privilege of raising these two children....my heart is full.
And, my big boy...how is he so big already? I heard a speaker today talk about raising boys in today's crazy world. The Lord grabbed my attention by the mere thought that I am not just trying to raise a kind, well-mannered boy...I am raising a future husband and daddy. I have the awesome responsibility of shepherding a future man of God. I am encouraged by the promise that God is with me for the daunting task, leading my steps/words/actions. I am also encouraged that I have a strong, wonderful man to be an example for my son...to be a standard for my daughter. As daunting as the task is at hand, I am so thankful, so nervous, so excited to see where this journey leads us....
I have to take a step back sometimes to regain my focus...not on the whining of today, or the struggling to get the kids in bed, or the deciding what to do with chicken again tonight for dinner, or if that particular shirt is ironed...but on the ultimate goal for our children. We want our children to love God and to serve Him...what we do day by day will be how we reach our goal...hopefully, glorifying Him along the way....making mistakes...getting frustrated....but growing....what a wild ride we are on....we parents, we have front row seats to the miracle of our children's lives...our own life is a ride of its own...time is a precious gift in our hands...Yes, again, my heart is full...

I know, I know. I get long-winded late at night...pardon my wordiness...(is that a word?) Good night.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE sidney's hair. It's just too cute! I can't believe how big Cade is getting...wish I lived around the corner. We'd come play, too!