Saturday, February 21, 2009

Our Kindergarten Crusader

C's Kindergarten class has been studying America - the flag, the pledge, and about lots of famous American people. On Friday, the children had to go to school dressed as a famous American and tell his or her class about the person they chose. Well, we had much debate and much internet surfing in helping our kindergartner decide his person. We didn't have the right helmet for Neil Armstrong. We didn't like the idea of drawing Orville Wright's mustache on his face. He did not want to be Paul Revere or Daniel Boone. So, my son chose Billy Graham. He listened to all I could read to him about the man. On the way to school, he wanted me to tell him all I knew again. From the reports I heard about his presentation, he got on stage and said "I am Billy Graham and I have taught millions, and millions, and millions, and millions of people.....(as he was leaving the stage - what did you teach about, Billy?)...."I don't know".....(sure you do)..."JESUS!!!!!" So, our little Billy Graham made it through his first school presentation...his own personal crusade (to get off the stage as quickly as possible).

2 comments:

amy said...

That may very well be the cutest Billy Graham I have ever seen!

Anonymous said...

Precious. Absolutely precious. I know you are proud. ~Kelly