I'm off to wash dishes and put away the groceries...ahh, reality is so very harsh...hee hee....Happy Valentine's Day...a few days late.....
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Our Valentine's Vacation
My sweet husband and I took a little getaway weekend this past weekend, and it was wonderful. I love my children. I really like Birmingham and am blessed to have a home to come home to here. But, three days away with my honey was just what this lady needed. He needed to visit a client and property in New Orleans...so off we went. Now, New Orleans is not my favorite vacation destination. But, a trip is a trip....let's be honest. Of course, the fact that it was Valentine's weekend and Mardi Gras in New Orleans did make things a little more crowded and a lot more crazy. Every time we headed out to dinner, we had a parade marching down a street in front of us. Every time we went window shopping, we had to step over the beads on the ground. But, all in all, it was a terrific getaway of sleeping in, watching movies, walking around the city, and eating/eating/eating. The kiddos stayed with my parents...so no worrying about them...they had a blast playing with their cousins.
Down by the river - about to watch a street show with some break dancers...pretty amusing....
And, a trip to New Orleans is never complete without a plate of beignets and a cafe au lait from Cafe de Monde...hmmm...only a crumb left...
I'm off to wash dishes and put away the groceries...ahh, reality is so very harsh...hee hee....Happy Valentine's Day...a few days late.....
I'm off to wash dishes and put away the groceries...ahh, reality is so very harsh...hee hee....Happy Valentine's Day...a few days late.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment