Wednesday, March 25, 2009

a bug, a baby, a blessing, & a prayer

A few family moments before I head to bed...

C has been catching ladybugs lately. Wanted to keep one in the truck the other day so he could play with it later...reminded him that they do move...hee hee. But, C protested that the ladybug was tired, that it wasn't moving. Of course, I am thinking "great, that poor bug, scared silly of this giant 5 year old holding it." Anyway, as C and I were discussing the bug and whether or not to keep him in the car, S piped up that she wanted to see that "lazy bug" too. We laughed and laughed. Lazy bug, ladybug, lazy ladybug...it worked...perceptive of her, we thought. Ladybugs might never be called ladybugs again around here. "Lazy bugs" is such a cute nickname!

To share our good news: We are expecting number 3 to the Allen household in late October. We are very excited...especially that I am feeling a little better...whoo, sorry for the lack of blogs...I have been a little green and very much tired. But, I am on the mend here in the end of the first trimester. Anyway, the kids and I were talking yesterday in the car about naming the baby. We would need to be thinking and talking to agree on a name. Well, S is convinced she will have a sister and wants her name to be Lucy. C also wants a sister so he can have two girls to boss, he says (hmmmm....looks like we need a talk on that subject). Anyway, he has affectionately called the baby, Squirt. Seriously. He calls the kid, Squirt, and thinks it is the coolest name ever. Oh, life with a five year old boy....he even asked me tonight if he could be called Squirt too, that it would be ok to have two in our family...hmmmm....

S asked C to play with her yesterday. He said he would and then even shared his chair and toy with her. They talked and talked and giggled and giggled. I then overheard S tell him, "C, that just blesses my heart.." Oh, mine too, S, mine too!!

Tonight, E was doing the nightly ritual of making up stories and then praying with S. She then asked him to do the "God Story." He was a little puzzled - which Bible story was she wanting recited? She even was doing her little hands like a Bible opening. He asked her to tell him more so he would know which one...she started a few lines of the Lord's Prayer. So, he figured out that our two year old has renamed the Lord's Prayer the God Story....pretty good name...appropriate. I have to tell you...hearing my husband praying with my children are some of my favorite moments of my day...

I promise pictures of Spring Break soon...sleep first...

7 comments:

Elaine said...

Congratulations! How exciting...#3!! Please keep me updated. I miss you guys.

connorcolesmom said...

CONGRATULATIONS!
So excited for baby #3
Love the stories of S and C
I miss you guys!
Much love
Kim

The Exciting "E" Sisters said...

How exciting! COngrats

the Van's said...

Congratulations, Beth!! I am so excited for y'all!

Anonymous said...

Love the lazy bug and God story comments from your little curly girl! I hope you wrote that on a calendar somewhere...

Tricia Thompson said...

B,
What cute stories! Congratulations on the new "squirt" to come along! LOL I just love those 2. Glad you are feeling better.

Jenn Cav said...

Wow! Just catching up and reading your great news! Congrats! I'm so excited for you!!