Baby Charlie had his baby dedication day at church on Mother's Day. We had a special day celebrating his life and dedicating ourselves to being the parents God wants us to be for him (and Him). Charlie was so happy to see so many people and was on his best behavior. He wore the outfit Cade had worn in his dedication 6 years ago, which was special to this sentimental mommy. We kept Cade and Sydney in "big church" with us to see the service. Sydney is convinced that it was because she is 4 now. She has told so many people, "I can go to big church, I am 4."
We were also honored to have both sets of grandparents, both brothers, both sisters-in-law, and my niece and nephew with us. We had a big day worshipping, eating, and being together as a family. My brother's birthday was that day. Mother's Day was that day. We had so much to be thankful for, so much to celebrate. I had a WONDERFUL day being with my loved ones. As I went to sleep that night, I was exhausted but felt so thankful. What a blessing the day had been....a new baby to dedicate, a terrific big brother, two incredible moms, and the gift of motherhood...now, that was a day to celebrate!
No comments:
Post a Comment