Wednesday, July 14, 2010

From the Fourth

Happy Fourth of July - 10 days late! We had such a fun Fourth - hanging out with friends, watching fireworks, eating yummy food, and swimming. I was coming off of a tummy bug (or food poisoning - who knows?). I was the only one it hit, thank goodness! Thankfully, I was ready to get going by the holiday weekend...just not ready to eat all those yummy foods I mentioned...oh, well.
The big kids love swimming these days..staying cool, playing water games...enjoying an ice cream snack break!
I have to admit that as I get older, I am becoming more sentimental, more patriotic, more thankful. As we listened to all those "firework show songs", I felt myself becoming pretty emotional. I was sitting by the pool with Bear in my lap. He was watching ever so intently. S was sitting beside me. C was in E's lap. And, we were watching a beautiful display of fireworks together. I was overcome thinking about how blessed I am, how grateful I am. Even though our country has so many things upside down these days, I am so thankful for what our country was based on. I am so grateful that I can teach my children about the men who died to make our country free and to teach them about the man who died to make them free. I am so thankful...God bless America...this land that I love...

No comments: