Sunday, July 18, 2010

my tough guys

I have decided that I am not as tough as I thought I was. I have also decided that my children are SO MUCH more resilient than we give them credit for being. I have decided that it is HOT in Alabama in July. All that said, my big kiddos are upstairs watching movies, hanging out in their rooms - with a broken air conditioner. Yes, I plugged in a box fan. Yes, the ceiling fans are on full blast. But, it feels like a sauna up there! They do not seem to care though. They think it is sooo much fun sleeping in the floor in their underwear with a fan blowing on them at night. They think watching a movie in bed this afternoon is a treat - even though the temps up there are hitting 90 degrees. I did make Bear sleep downstairs in my room in his playpen today. He would have melted in his room, poor guy. He is sure liking going without any clothes on these days though.

Where am I, you ask? Well, I admit it...I am on the couch, checking emails, downstairs with my ac kicking at 73, drinking my sweet tea, and thanking the Lord that my children are tougher than I am.

No comments: