Wednesday, March 23, 2011

heading out to San Francisco...

With the help of two wonderful sets of grandparents taking care of three crazy kiddos, E and I were able to spend 5 whole days in not-so-sunny California at the beginning of Spring Break. We could have cared less that it was rainy and cool. We loved our time exploring and resting and just being with each other. We had three days to vacation before E's work conference began. When he went to work, I slept so much! I walked around the city and shopped a little. I read a book. I watched tv - not Disney...but real movies and shows. I missed my sweet babies a bunch. But, oh, this mama enjoyed some time with her man and felt renewed by having some time to herself! Here are a few pictures...We asked a friendly Asian man to snap this one of us after we drove over the Golden Gate Bridge. Eric posing on the ever-so popular Pier 39 in front of Alcatraz Island. We stopped by Pebble Beach Golf Course as the sun was setting...so beautiful! We drove down Lombard Street...so curvy! but had a great view of Coit Tower and the city. We drove the coast of California one day down to Carmel...this was a stop along the way of the cliffs, rocks, and waves of the coastline. Japan was hit by a tsunami the day before causing us to see some amazing waves on some of our drive....

We had a wonderful trip and couldn't wait to get home to see our littles! Thanks again, "Grands", for taking such good care of them while we were gone.

No comments: