I have been reading emails for the past hour about an acquaintance/friend who had a pulmonary embolism today. She is in critical condition. Her son is in my oldest son's class at school. I can't get her sweet husband and three boys off my mind. So, I am just praying....
I decided to check up on an old student of mine who suffered a brain aneurism three years ago. She keeps a blog of her improvements, her struggles, her medical procedures, her new life. She has a little guy at home that was just a few months old when she collapsed. Where I am so thankful she has survived, she is forever changed...physically, emotionally, spiritually. She is an amazing woman - learning to be a mom to a preschooler while learning to walk/ talk/ eat again. She lives daily with the most incredible outlook and faith. I pray for her often...I am just praying.....
I went back to my email to see if I had any new updates on my friend. I saw an update on a family I met a while back that has a daughter (6 1/2) that had been fighting brain cancer. She passed away this week and the funeral was today. I cannot begin to imagine the absolute agony that precious family has met. I told my kiddos about Lindsey's death. We had prayed for her for such a long time now and are so very sad. So, we are just praying for her family....just praying....
Before I turned the computer off, I decided to visit my favorite mommy blog. I follow this woman's site because her heart for those around her inspires me. She loves God. She loves her family. She is wise! I read her blog and feel like she is an old friend sharing her heart with me over coffee. So, this is what I read on her site (Lots of Scotts) tonight....
"Maybe this is the true secret to being fulfilled and content - living in the moment with God, defined by His truth and with no unrealistic expectations for others or things to fill me up. Not reaching back for what was lost in my yesterdays. And not reaching for what I hope will be my tomorrow. But living fully for what is right in front of me. And truly seeing the gift of this moment."
-Lysa TerKeurst, Becoming More Than A Good Bible Study Girl
In this moment, my heart is hurting for a friend fighting for her life, is concerned for that young mom and her struggles, and is heartbroken for a family missing their little girl....and it is praying. My heart is praying.
I want to live in each moment, to be defined by His truth, to not mourn yesterday or get lost in my expectations and hopes for what is to come. After all I have read tonight, I am convicted....I want to see this life, this moment, as the gift it is....
Only God knows what tomorrow will hold. I am just praying....and that is the best way to spend the moments of now....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment