Monday, August 6, 2012

summer days

Summer days are the best!! I LOVE summer break!  We enjoy a much more relaxed daily life.  Every day is different.  Some days, we swim.  Some days, we have playdates. Some days, we stay home and do chores and just play.  And, my three children are as different in their sleep cycles and wake up modes as they can be.......

My youngest little guy wakes up at 7:00 ready to start his day.  He turns off his noise, puts up his monkey, closes his door, and comes downstairs announcing that "I had a good nap, Mama.  It is morning time.  The sun is up, Mama.  You get me some beckfast?" His exact words.  Every morning.  Yes, he is ready to get his day started.  My oldest buddy wakes around 7:30-8:00 and quietly reads or watches cartoons.  He is to himself, not hungry, and (while in a good mood) pretty groggy.  Some mornings, we might not even know he is up yet because he is so quiet.  Then, there is the princess.  She is my late sleeper - she wakes up anywhere from 8:30 to 10:30 - a few mornings even later.  She is soooo out of it, if she has to be awakened.  If she gets up on her own, she is Miss Sunshine.  She doesn't eat much. But, she always comes downstairs with her doll or bear in tow, or several actually. 

Yep, I love summers. I love that we can picnic in the floor on a hot day and watch cartoons.  I love that room time is something enjoyed.  I love that play doh is still a fun boredom buster.  Now, chores are a little harder to get the excitement about....but, we are working on it.  One of our favorite summer "stay at home" activities is marshmallow building. Oh, the works of art that are created!
And, when it is not SOOOO hot, we can play outside.  My youngest especially LOVES all things "outzyde".  He is my daredevil....all the time!!
Well, two weeks left of this wonderful thing called summer! 
Guess I better go to bed so I can have the energy that tomorrow will need!!!

No comments: