Speaking of the Union, whoa....what a transformation! I remember watching the OJ trials in that place...I remember working afternoon shifts at the bowling alley (you would think I would be able to bowl - nope)...I remember my Orientation - way back in the summer of 1993...well, the place is TOTALLY different now. Actually, the whole campus looked different to me. At one time, I was actually lost. I hate to admit it - I lived there 6 years. Anyway, I was on a road that used to be a parking lot beside a parking lot that used to be a grassy spot. Roads have popped up everywhere - and some were missing. Even walking the Drill Field was surreal...no time had passed...except there were 2-3 new buildings surrounding it..and where did the fountain go? Strange feeling...being somewhere that feels like home yet you cannot recognize it...
On our way home, we talked about how nice it was to go back. We reminisced. We had a really good day (despite the game's outcome - 3-2 what??). Going back to visit your past can sometimes make you sad though...make you think of things long gone....dreams, friends, activities. Sometimes, we miss those ole' State days. Then, we look at where God has taken us...what we have been blessed with...the journey he has given us...
"Looking back over our past"........ the process can make one once again see how each day, each decision counts... each one brings us to today...the only "today" we will have. I promise - I was 22 yesterday, right? The "todays" keep passing. I am so grateful for them all...I was again brought to the conclusion that life travels quickly. I want to be intentional with my time and look ahead to what God has for me today and tomorrow...it will be Monday soon... another day of the journey.

I promise S had fun...just wasn't too sure about the big dog right beside her...
Go Dogs!! C and S had a BIG time!
No comments:
Post a Comment