Well, the day arrived that I have been happily yet wearily dreading ALL summer...(who am I kidding? for five years now!) Cade's first day of kindergarten was today. We have been talking about it for weeks now. Yesterday, we went to a Meet the Teacher day for him. We had cookies and lemonade, we met his new friends, and his new teacher read "Twas the Night before Kindergarten" to the class. We then played at a new friend's house and had lunch. BUT, around 3:00, my little kindergartener reports he doesn't feel well. With one look, I knew. He had a fever - a high one. So, after a long night last night, we stayed home today for our first day of kindergarten. I know, I know....I thought he would be so sad. But, when I asked him about if he was going to be upset that we were dropping Syd off and he would not get to go to school, he grinned and shook his head...nope. My little homebody has a big wakeup call when this fever goes away...five days a week are going to be hard for my big guy.
Speaking of Sydney, she LOVED her first day of school. She smiled and giggled all the way down the hall. I asked her if she was excited....she said, "Day read boots to me, Mommy." "Of course, they will read, baby," I said. "I go to payground too?" "That's right." Then, a series of giggles would erupt. So stinkin' cute!! How is she big enough to go to school without me two days a week? Well, she walked right in, started listening to her teacher read, and never looked back. But, when I picked her up at 1:00, she came running....with the biggest smile ever! Now, that is a picture I had to capture....and hold on to in my heart....they grow too fast.
3 comments:
Oh poor guy!
I hate that he was sick :(
I love the pics of little Syd - she is so darn cute!
I can not imagine ever getting mad at that sweet face :)
Love ya
Kim
How precious is that picture! She is so cute! I hope Cade is feeling better.
I love that excitement! How precious! Hope Cade was feeling better to get started this week!
Post a Comment