Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Paci Update...

The giving over of the paci this afternoon to Ms. Holly's baby went well...Syd was so sweet putting her "beloved" into a decorated little bag (she took such care with each smiley face sticker). She held that bag out to Ms. Holly like she was giving her gold. I have a picture I will try to remember to post later. Anyway, the handoff went really well, much better than anticipated. Holly gave her a thank you gift of crackers and fruit snacks, all wrapped up - so sweet of her. Syd told me all the way home that she was a big girl and repeated the names of our little girl friends who are all big girls too that do not need pacifiers. Then, it was time to go home and take a nap. As expected, the nap did NOT go well. She cried and cried...whined and whined...would get quiet...then would start again....I bet she asked me "but, why, mommy" a thousand times...finally, after 2 hours...it was time to get dressed for church. So, tonight at bedtime...about an hour of whining...I rocked her a few minutes to calm her (boy, that brought back some baby memories)...then, she asked to get in her bed. I noticed a wet spot on kitty where she had sucked on him a little...I saw a finger or two in her mouth...I am praying these are only coping mechanisms to deal with the horror of her day. But, since 9:00, only one crying spell from her a few minutes ago at 11:00 - "where, paci?? (sob, sob)" - then quiet again.....so, this mommy is heading to bed.....it is tiring being the tough guy! I think I might sob a little myself to go to sleep....yawn...

1 comment:

amy said...

WOW! That sounds so hard. I'm sure it was just as hard on you as it was her. I hope the rest of the night went well too. (for both of you :)