So, my little girl has declared her dreams for her future....she wants to be a musketeer when she grows up. She started about a week ago (after watching a Barbie movie) talking of when her training will begin and when she would get her sharp sword. I finally decided to probe a little more on our way home from school one day. Here was our conversation:
S: Mommy, I really want to be a musketeer when I get big.
Me: Syd, what exactly does a musketeer do?
S: I will protect the prince and fight the emenies.
Me: I don't think there are princes and musketeers around here anymore.
S: But, mommy, I just have to be a musketeer, I really want to be one.
Me: Ok, so who is this prince?
S: Prince Lewey. I need to take care of him. But, first I need my blue hat with that big feather and my big, long, sharp sword (picture her with a pretend sword slashing it in the air). All for one and one for two!
Me: Honey, I don't think 3 year olds can have swords.
S: (with despair) MOOOOM, I have to be 4 to get one?
Me: Sydney, you will need to go to school first to get your education and learn all sorts of things first...
S: You mean I can't be a musketeer until I am sixteen? Well, I need to start training today after my nap...ok. I need a farm, a scarecrow, a pretend sword...can you take me to a farm?
Me: No farm today. But, I think that practicing is a great idea. You can start training today. You are going to be a great musketeer!
I love that my daughter thinks she can do anything...dream big, sweet girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So cute! We just watched that movie yesterday. She can be a musketeer and fight for her special Prince...the One who will save the world.
Hmmmm... and I was thinking that one must brandish a musket to be a musketeer. And there I go -- thinking again.
:)
Post a Comment