As a mom of three, I have purchased my share of sidewalk chalk. My kiddos and I have spent hours drawing cities, our shadows, and armies of creatures. I enjoy sitting on the sidewalk as much as they do creating our powdery art. I always love to hear the conversations that take place while we sit together.
Well, we have now taken it up a notch, folks! We have stumbled upon sidewalk chalk paint - homemade by US - which makes it even more fun. First, we each pick a chalk stick and place it in a ziploc bag. Then, we break it into crumbs. We pour the crumbs into a bowl...like this:

Then, we add a little water to make a paste and get our paint brushes ready! We did have to add a little more water as we painted. But, it was so easy - and, the colors were SO much more vibrant than regular chalk (after our creations had dried a few minutes).

I neglected to get a picture of the whole sidewalk's masterpieces - we left town heading back home soon after they finished and I had already packed my camera....
But, we will sure be trying this again! I feel pretty sure about that one! Let me know if you try it.......something about a paint brush on a sidewalk.......just sounds fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment