
We had a great week at the beach this past week with the Allens. Eric's mom, dad, brother Tanner, and Tan's fiance,Caroline are so fun! And, they are sooo good with our kids. Mimi had little "happys" to give them everyday to make the days even more special. She read books, baked her awesome chocolate no-bake cookies, and played in the pool with them. Papaw and Cade had a big time at the pool too. Then, every afternoon, Papaw and Syd would nap. By the end of the week, she called for him every time she woke up. We were excited to spend some time with Tanner and Caroline. My kids wanted to play with them every waking minute. They had a blast playing with their uncle and future aunt. It was just nice to all be together, to swim and shop and eat, to talk about Tanner's upcoming wedding, and to just relax in that beautiful beach sun. I just love family vacations....

Sydney loves the pool...but, she is not a big fan of the sand...I am holding out hope that she will get better each year....we did get her to put her feet in it this year...then, immediately had to wash them off....

Cade loves the beach! He likes the sand, the waves, the pool...all of it. This trip, my son became a fish! He started out the week swimming a few feet and ended the week swimming across the pool. I am so proud of him!! For those of you who say Cade looks like his dad, I agree. But, this picture is proof that I am his mom....he got my crinkled nose. (hey, at least it is something...)
Tanner, Caroline, Cade, and Sydney...the official beach picture. Syd looks pretty happy here...a few minutes earlier, she was screaming because I stood her in the sand for a picture with her brother. I was even offering bribes of gum to get her to smile just once while touching the sand....no luck this year. And, of course, Cade hams it up! He gets cheezier and cheezier as each picture is snapped...he is too funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment