Do you ever get a song stuck in your head that you just cannot get out? Well, when your children get a song stuck in their little noggins then sing it ALL the time.....then that song becomes part of every aspect of life. I hum it when I brush my teeth. I was just singing it in the shower. I hear them singing it constantly.
Last week, while driving to the beach, we heard a sing-off of "Take me out to the ballgame" on the radio. Of course, since I have sang that song to Cade and Syd before, they wanted to hear the radio contest. There were all sorts of different versions, one lady sang it rather opera-ish, one man sang it like Donald Duck, and one man sang it like the country bumpkin that he was...and messed the words up. He said "Root, toot, toot" instead of "Root, root, root." My kids laughed and laughed. Then, it started. They have been singing that song over and over since....then Syd will say "I say root, toot, toot, Mommy - dat's funny." Cade thinks the new version is hilarious. Yes, he is an almost 5 year old boy. The word "toot" is a very funny word to a five year old boy. And, it was funny. The first twenty times or so. Now, I just want a new song. I really need to hear a new song. I am going to keep telling myself to enjoy their sweet voices singing whatever they choose....the dreaded day is coming all too soon when singing songs to their mommy will not be so cute to them. That will surely be a sad day...then, the old "root, toot, toot" version will bring a smile to my face.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment