Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Dance to Remember

Today, we had cleaning day - Cade and I were dusting, cleaning bathrooms, wiping down chairs, moving toys. We had our praise music up loud, and we were working hard. Sydney had been playing with Cade's Little People farm for over half an hour when she walked into the den looking for me. I knew she had a purpose on her little mind when she walked in the door. Cade had moved to another room to work, so I knew she was looking just for me. With a little grin, she reached her arms up and said, "dance, Mommy, dance." Well, for those who know me really well, you know I love to dance with the kiddos in the kitchen at dinnertime usually. I even had a radio installed in there. So, today, even though I was covered in grime and Lysol, I danced with the sweetest little Cinderella I know. She held on tight as we turned. She smiled at me every time I dipped her, little curls flying. Some moments hold me....this one seemed to last for a while. I cherish these moments when God stops the busyness around us to grab us...it was like He was telling me to wait, to stop everything else, to just enjoy this little blessing He has given me. So, we just danced....an unforgettable, special dance....
Thanks, Sydney! Mommy
loves our dances...
you are a sweet-
heart.



This reminds me of the Chapman family. His song about dancing with Cinderella is resonating through my heart as I type this. If you missed his family's interview on Larry King, here is the link. It was a touching interview....their strength and focus and the Lord's faithfulness are amazing!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u8T3dL8KYo

No comments: