Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Missing Dad
Tonight, we had a night without Daddy. He had another trip.....so, we had a night needing some entertainment. What is a good "rainy night when dad is gone" activity? When Sydney awoke from her nap around 5:00, we baked cookies - the add vanilla, measure the oats, break the egg kind. Yep, no kidding - no slice n bake. Anyway, we had a blast and didn't even get covered in brown sugar. The kiddos took turns trying to stir the stiff batter...then, we rolled the balls for each cookie...looks like fun, huh.
Well, as we baked, I explained we were having "backwards night" (an idea I borrowed from a fellow blogging friend). We walked around backwards, which didn't last long...they couldn't get around as fast and kept forgetting. We ate our cookies for dinner and our chicken/veggies for dessert. Cade was a little concerned about our eating our cookies before our "good" food. I reassured him that this was only for "backwards night." Then, we watched a short movie while we snuggled on the couch. After 30 minutes of that, we headed to the basement to jump on the trampolene. I couldn't think of anymore "backwards" things to do. I wanted to put their pjs on backwards and sleep upside down in their beds...but, they said no. My kids are so literal...where do they get that from? Oh, well, it was fun...they loved dessert for dinner. But, we still missed our daddy....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i try to plan "fun" things like that, too. but kelly never goes for it...she says it's too silly. go figure.
You have the most precious children!! By the way, it is not funny to make people cry while reading blogs!! I cried like a baby listening to Sydney's Jesus story. We really do need to take time and live our lives like children. She is adorable!! Love ya, Rebecca
Post a Comment