Thursday, January 8, 2009

Back online...

Well, this girl didn't know how dependent she was on her computer until she didn't have if for over a week. It crashed. But now, 47 viruses cleaned off later, I am happily back to tapping the keys, checking email, taking a quick scan of my favorite blogs to catch up on friends...so behind on lots of reading/replying. But, not so overwhelmed - surprisingly.

I think the Lord makes us "be still" in many ways - a cold, a sick child, vacation, a crashed computer. Without my "window to the world", I made so much more time to play and read and rest and pray and spend time with my 3 favorite people in my world. E and I stayed up late talking and watching movies. We played with the kids more. I actually wrote notes - handwritten notes to people. I hate to say that this screen and keyboard took that much of my time...it is actually downright embarrassing. But, hey, I am not above learning lessons in this life. I am not that hard headed - yet. So, with the sheer delight that my computer is back online, I am also tremendously blessed that this holiday season brought me a realization. I have life going on around me every moment. While I will always enjoy making note of this life on my blog, emailing a friend, and looking up the temperature in Ecuador to cure a five year old's curiosity about the equator, I am a little more interested in living life than writing about it, being in the moment rather than taking a picture of it, and not being so bogged down by marking off my "to do" list.

In this new year, I plan on laughing more, being less serious, enjoying my friends more, being more considerate of the needs of others, being intentional with my time with E, C, and S. I plan on giving myself a break that my wrinkles are growing along with my waistline. I plan on being thankful for each day that deepens those wrinkles and each meal that nourishes this body. I plan on exercising more - but, more for my health and to be an example to my children..less about how I look. I plan on spending as much time with my husband as possible, just enjoying his presence beside me. I plan on developing a heart to feel God's pull in my life. He has big plans for all of His children...I plan on being right, smack dab, in the middle of that plan...

I think my pc might be turned off more often in 2009...

No comments: