Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday's Funnies

We have all heard the cute things children can say when they get their words mixed up, how funny their interpretations can be. Well, this week, I have heard some doozies from my two little guys...

1. When S got up this morning, she said she needed to blow her nose because she was "all stocked up"...

2. After eating a good dinner last night, S asked for a chocolate kiss for dessert. C replied that he could not have one. When I asked him why not (he had had a good dinner too - no reason in my mind why he couldn't have one), he said because he had had "snores" at school. Hmmm..what? He then explained that he had already had chocolate at school when they made "snores". He told me that he only needed to have one dessert a day because they were not good for him to stay healthy... ohhhhhhkayyyyyy....maybe I should lay off the good food versus bad food talks for a while....I'll have to explain what "snores" are...they are not half as fun as smores...and so much louder...

3. S put on her tutu and ballet shoes last night and told us she needed to "shake her bottom"....oh, the teen years are going to be fun! Well, tonight, she did the same thing again but said she needed to "shake out her sillies"....ok, whatever works for ya, sweetheart....

4. During her nap today, I hear a little clanking going on in S's room. I snuck back to her room to find her climbing back in her bed...she looked like a deer in headlights when she realized I had walked in. Then, she grinned...very big. I asked why she had gotten out of her bed. She then, in a very matter of fact way, told me that Lily and Lulu, her babies, were hungry so she just had to make them a cake for a snack. She had a complete picnic set up in her bed. I'm all about some cake too, and in bed, wow, sounds divine...but, mommy really needed her to take a nap not practice her baking skills.

Ahhhh...having kids is always an adventure....what a pleasure!

No comments: