Thursday, January 22, 2009

tomato, tomahhhto, zucchini, bikini

So, today, C and I were having a heart to heart. He has had a bit of a five year old attitude lately. It was time to sit down and figure some things out. After our little discussion, we were quietly snuggling for a moment...sweet time. A little hugging was a must after a talk like that...behavior management is exhausting. Then, he broke our silence with a strange question.
C - "Mom, I don't have to ever wear a zucchini, right?"
Me - "Hmmm...Son, I have no idea what you are asking me."
C - "Well, girls wear them, right...not boys."
Me - "C, do you mean a bikini?"
C - "Oh, yeah, that is what they are called....bikinis. Boys don't ever have to wear those, right?"
Me - "Nope, you are safe, kiddo...no zucchinis/bikinis in your future. I promise."

I will never look at zucchinis the same way.

2 comments:

Katy said...

ok. that is hilarious!! love it!

LKW said...

TOO CUTE! So glad to have found your blog and keep up with your sweet family. What sweethearts!!
lauren (king)