Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Life with a two year old

Today was a very foggy day. On our way to Walmart, I was telling S how foggy it was and how it was hard to see the road. After a brief pause, she replied, "God musta turned the lights off, Mommy." Well, kind of...not really, baby.

Syd's new response to getting in trouble (besides pouting/whining, of course - she is a pro at that) is to tell me that it is not fair and that God loves her very much. She is right, of course. But, how does one answer that little sassy answer?

In her "joy" night gown the other day, she climbs her stool to have her hair put in a ponytail. She excitedly told me how her gown said, "her whole name" with her hand brushing across the appliqued JOY. I told her that "no, it says joy baby." She said "oh...but I not joy." I think maybe I have too many monogrammed shirts, huh?

She is sooo two...all day....funny, sincere, dramatic, enthusiastic, demanding, loving, sooo funny...

I love having days with her. Hearing her squeal when she sees her daddy come in from work, watching her follow C around wanting to be a superhero like him, counting down their race around the house, tucking her in and knowing she is going to ask to talk about princesses, squelching her intent on having chapstick on at all times, laughing at her eating handfuls of pickels, her obsession with her stuffed kitty, getting those sweet, sticky, two year old sloppy kisses...I wouldn't trade a minute with her in my Walmart buggy or scattering crums at my breakfast table. That little "toehead" is just a JOY...

No comments: