The holiday season and end of a semester bring lots of stage time, I have decided.....around our house, we have planned and rehearsed for two doozies in the past month.
First, during the week before Thanksgiving, C and S had their school's program. It was a production, actually. I went 35 minutes early thinking I would be fine - the Kindergarten parents had the front rows reserved. Well, I did not realize I was attending an event compared to the likes of a "med school graduation." I have never seen so many cameras and sets of grandparents in one place in my life! The place was packed. Being a new parent to my children's school, several people giggled and said they should have warned me. A warning would have been nice. But, I enjoyed the show nonetheless....on the floor in the very front was my chosen seat for most of the program....the cuties did a great job telling the audience about the importance of thankfulness, and I was amazed at how they had that many children so perfectly organized in their coming and going and singing and dancing and

marching and gobbling....

C's Kindergarten choir sang a joyful and rather boisterous song repeatedly thanking God for His blessings. And, they put on a harvest themed play (C was a pumkin) where each child had a line in a poem about God's goodness in providing for us. C's line was: "We pumpkins go back to the wide open land, to grow a little bigger by the touch of His hand". They did great!
S was a turkey. A sweet little turkey who sang every word to "gobble, gobble, gobble went the bird" and "the blessing." Those two year olds were sooo funny! and cute!


Then, last week, C had his Great Adventure "share night". I am one of the kindergarten teachers, so I get to see the kiddos every Wednesday night as we learn about missions. From the practice the week before, I have to admit that I didn't know how the program would go - chaos was given a new meaning that night. But, it all came together. These sweet children proclaimed the message of Jesus' birth and sang/spoke with umph! C's line was: "Wise men from the east saw the star in the sky. They began a long journey to follow the star and find baby Jesus." He, along with all the other 3, 4, and 5 year olds did awesome.
Now that the shows have ended...the curtain has closed...it is definitely time to prepare the way for the real Star of this holiday season.....Jesus' birthday is right around the corner.....11 days and counting!!
Merry Christmas!!
No comments:
Post a Comment