Monday, June 2, 2008

Little Miss Sassy

Well, I promised to fill you guys in on my little girl, SydneyGirl...or, Miss Prissy or Sassy, whichever name fits at the moment. This child is hilarious. As I mentioned, Cade is always very observant....very interested in the how's and why's of life...so that he can figure them out then re-explain them over and over. We have wonderful conversations! He enjoys life - tremendously. Now, Sydney is a free spirit. She is very friendly, very happy, very sure of herself, and has the same Allen stubborn streak. Sydney loves her babies, watches Cade like a hawk, says she is "daddy's baby", loves Elmo, and wants her hair fixed perfectly every morning or says it looks "crazy". She is a mess!

These two play pretty well together...but, they do argue a good bit...Cade is very set on how things should be while Syd is drama most all the time...it makes for an interesting pair. I just laugh at some of the conversations they have. Yesterday's fiasco was about Syd "stealing" Cade's toys to put in her 5 purses. She loads them up with his Tinker Toys, blocks, cars, balls and hangs them on her doll stroller. When Cade realizes what has happened, whoo, then it hits. Why she loads her purses down, who knows? It is just too funny....they end up working it out with a little intervention. Like yesterday, "you get two cars, you get one, you need to give him back this, look here is your necklace, put that in your purse...."

I just read from a friend's blog about how she was hit with a simple truth this week about how our disobedience and lack of listening to God resembles how our kids respond to us....perfect analogies. How many blessings do I miss out on because I am not paying attention, just not listening, being distracted by my own interests, or just plain disobeying? I know two little Allens who missed out on ice cream yesterday because of some of those same flaws in judgement...hmmmm...I bet God just shakes his head at me sometimes saying, "Poor Beth, if she would have just opened her eyes...I had a cookies n cream milkshake just waiting for her...."

I wanted to attach a couple of pics of Sydney Girl from May...the top one is from Syd's 2nd birthday party, her Elmo party. The next one is from a Saturday at a walking track when we passed out water bottles from our church to runners. She loves those Dora glasses and, of course, her favorite treat, goldfish crackers stuffed in her mouth...yum!






1 comment:

Elaine said...

yea!!! i'm so glad you decided to join the blog world...now i get to keep up with you and see your sweet babies as they grow. i can't believe how big Cade is getting and i LOVE sydney's hair. keep me updated. miss you bunches!