Sunday, June 29, 2008

And, nine years later...

Nine years ago this past Thursday, June 26th, I married my best friend. Looking at this picture, it seems so long ago. Yes, surely you see the changes that have happened to us....first of all, those glasses of his had to go...and, he lost a few of his football pounds, ....and, he let me find them....all in the name of love, thanks for sharing, dear. All kidding aside, I have been blessed to be with the one God chose for me...God's plan and love for us is amazing!

For our anniversary, my honey planned a special treat - his parents kept our children for 3 days. We took them halfway to MS on Tuesday night and picked them up Saturday at lunch. Now, for those of you who have experienced such as this....you can attest...what a strange feeling. We slept late, the house was quiet, I forgot to eat lunch one day, I got sooo much done, and Eric and I ate out and talked every night. And, we missed our kids like crazy. But, I have to admit that I truly enjoyed our time together...in our quiet house...just us. Eric's parents are wonderful with the kids too. Cade and Syd love going to Mimi and Papaw's....they know they will stay up late, eat well, and play play play. When I went to pick the kids up on Saturday, they were excited to see me, and I was them. They were exhausted and happy. Well, Sydney was whiny...but, that was only the tired talking. Anyway, thanks, Mimi and Papaw, for making such sweet memories with your grandchildren and for allowing Eric and I to celebrate our anniversary in such a neat way. And, Happy Anniversary, Eric. I love you more every day...my life with you is better than I ever dreamed it would be....next year....the big 10! Yeah!!

2 comments:

the Van's said...

Wow!! I can't believe it has been 9 years!! Happy Anniversary!! -Jennifer

bec-bec said...

Wow!! Where have those 9 years gone to It seems like yesterday that yall got married! That was such a fun day!! Love ya-Becca:>